Website Garibaldi Portside Bistro
We are a busy restaurant and have an open role for a host. The host will greet guests as they enter and show them to their table or waiting area. They will take reservations or put them on a waiting list, give them menus and show them to their seats. They may also handle phone calls and customer queries about the restaurant and menu and assist various restaurant staff when necessary.
- Greeting guests as they enter and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
- Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
- Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
- Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
- Engaging with guests to ensure they’re happy with food and service.
- Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
- Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
- A knowledge of the menu.
- Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
- Providing great customer service.
- Handling difficult situations with customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
- Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food when necessary.
- Willing to follow instructions and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Able to work in a busy restaurant environment.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Restaurant experience is a plus.
You must sign in to apply for this position.