Website Oregon Coast Bank
The Customer Service Representative will complete deposits, withdrawals, and other financial interactions while providing excellent customer service to all customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Promotes and maintains positive relations with all contacts, customers, and potential customers.
- Complies with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of company objectives and goals.
- Performs as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow.
- Opens new accounts, closes accounts, updates accounts, issues debit cards, assists customers with account issues.
- Admits customers to safe deposit boxes.
- Promotes the bank’s products and services. Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to promote new banking services for the benefit of the customer.
- Cashes checks and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals.
- Accepts deposits, confirming the accuracy of the transaction. Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues cashiers’ checks, bank, and personal money orders.
- Fills out wire forms
- Processes over the counter transfer requests between accounts
- Enters transactions in the bank’s recordkeeping system, recording all transactions and producing customer receipts.
- Calculates daily transactions using appropriate technology.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts.
- Maintains a work area that ensures the safety of all negotiables and confidential records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs notary services
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• High school diploma required
• Minimum of one to two years cash handling experience
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent math skills
• Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity
• Thorough understanding of customer service
• Ability to learn and use the bank’s PC hardware and software
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
You must sign in to apply for this position.