Website Oregon Youth Authority
We help youth change, which in turn helps keep communities safe.
For more information and to apply click here.
Bring your cooking skills to OYA!
Oregon Youth Authority is currently hiring for a permanent, full-time Cook position at the Tillamook Youth Correctional Facility. The purpose of this position is to cook and serve nutritious and appetizing meals based on state and federal guidelines. This position also trains and supervises youth in custody who are participating in vocational food -related work experience programs.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU). By joining and maintaining your membership with SEIU Local 503, the following benefits are available to you such as:
- $2,500 life insurance policy paid for by your union, SEIU Local 503. This policy is in effect if you are an active member.
- Up to $200,000 of additional life insurance can be purchased. Up to $100,000 member life, $40,000 spouse and $10,000 child is guaranteed within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Short Term Disability insurance is guaranteed if purchased within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Legal insurance enrollment is available to purchase within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For more information on SEIU, please click here.
What You Need To Qualify:
- One year of experience as a cook in a food service facility OR
- Possession of a Certificate of Completion in culinary arts and/or Foods and Hospitality Service from a certified community college or technical school.
This position requires a food handler’s card, must have the ability to obtain the appropriate county food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
What We Are Looking For:
Let us know if you possess any or all of these desired attributes! This will determine who will move forward for an interview!
- Knowledge of the principles, policies, procedures and state regulations of food preparation and cooking in a volume dining/food service setting.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking in a volume dining/food service setting.
- Experience and high level of responsibility in the use of kitchen equipment, hazardous chemicals and disinfectants.