Website Oregon Youth Authority
OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY
FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST 1
Tillamook – TILLAMOOK YOUTH CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Salary: $4,073.00 – $6,230.00 monthly/non-PERS
$4,356.00 – $6,664.00 monthly/PERS
Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is seeking a permanent, full-time Facility Operations Specialist 1 to maintain, repair, remodel and provide primary maintenance service to the various areas of the Tillamook Youth Correctional Facility and Camp Tillamook. You will work in a variety of trade areas including: plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, general building maintenance and mechanical repair. As the facility operations specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining or improving safety, security, health, program operations and the maintenance and up-keep of the interior and exterior grounds. You may also perform or assist with other emergency non-maintenance work, if needed.
Your Role as the Facility Operations Specialist
- Repair walls, doors, windows, roofs, gutters, floor tile, and the other building components.
- Perform preventive maintenance, receive, and complete work orders and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Pour and finish concrete.
- Repair and maintain appliances.
- Order materials, parts, and supplies.
- Plumbing: Repair and replace fixtures, equipment, pipes and drains.
- Electrical: Replace lamps, switches, ballasts, receptacles and motors as allowed by code.
- Water and Sewer: Check and service well pump and sewage system.
- Ensure compliance with State Health Dept. and DEQ rules.
- Work with youth to train them in a variety of building maintenance and construction skills, and teach them good work habits, safety, housekeeping and proper use of hand and power tools.
- Assist other co-workers, managers, subordinates, and peers with monitoring and supervising youth while performing related duties within buildings and throughout the campus.
- Apply facilities management policies and procedures through coordination of training and resources for maintenance and operations personnel.
- Develop, write and present performance maintenance and cost reports using data captured in work order and maintenance tracking systems.
- Open Until Filled: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for 12/1/2022 at 8:30am, but we may close the announcement at any time after this date when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after this screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
- This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur.
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU). By joining and maintaining your membership with SEIU Local 503, the following benefits are available to you such as:
- $2,500 life insurance policy paid for by your union, SEIU Local 503. This policy is in effect if you are an active member.
- Up to $200,000 of additional life insurance can be purchased. Up to $100,000 member life, $40,000 spouse and $10,000 child is guaranteed within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Short Term Disability insurance is guaranteed if purchased within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Legal insurance enrollment is available to purchase within the first 90 days of new union membership.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For more information on SEIU, please click here.
At OYA, diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words on a page. To meet our mission and live our values as an agency, DEI must be at the heart of all we do. We support cultural competence, develop teams and cultivate leaders in ways that are equitable to everyone, especially people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ+, or those from other marginalized communities. We are explicit and intentional as we identify resources that all our youth and staff need to grow and prosper. Our DEI work connects closely with our culture of positive human development, with safe and supportive environments where everyone is held accountable and connected to their community. The end goal is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
If you are looking to join a team that values individual and cultural differences, with the opportunity to contribute to youth reformation by enriching our workforce with diversity, OYA wants to hear from you! People of color, women, and other members of historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Please take a moment to watch this quick video about Oregon Youth Authority, our team and our culture bit.ly/work4OYA. For more information please visit www.oregon.gov/oya.
What’s in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the workplace is as valuable as it is inside the workplace. We offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules on most positions and a competitive benefits package, including low-cost, high-coverage health insurance, generous time-off, and a competitive retirement plan.
Discover more about working in Oregon state government by clicking here.
What You Need To Qualify
A Bachelors degree in building construction, industrial engineering or related field AND
one year of experience planning, scheduling, or coordinating facility system maintenance and construction projects;
Four years of experience planning, scheduling or coordination facility system maintenance or construction projects.
- Driver’s License: Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts and working with diverse populations.
- Good communications and customer service.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below as part of final scoring to advance those that qualify to the interview portion.
- Building maintenance experience
- Project management experience
- Maintenance work on building systems such HVAC, circulating pumps, sewer pumps, and mechanical systems.
- One who can work independently and solve problems.
How to apply:
Complete the application fully.
Complete the questionnaire / supplemental questions.
After you submit your application please respond to the public records request authorization and gender identity questionnaire. This step will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday inbox.
If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans’ preference. The task to claim preference will come after the public records request and gender identity questionnaire tasks. Click here for a guide on how to upload your documents. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we are here to serve. OYA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be individualized based on merit, competence, performance, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.” The more diverse we are, the better our work will be.
Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. For assistance regarding reasonable accommodation or for alternative format please contact OYA Recruitment at 971-345-1236. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.
You must sign in to apply for this position.