Website Tillamook County Transportation District
Under the supervision of the Transit Superintendent the Lot Attendant is responsible for washing the interior and exterior of District buses, vans, and support vehicles.
- Wash the exterior of TCTD vehicles using bus wash facility, equipment and tools.
- Clean the interior of TCTD vehicles using cleaning tools and products.
- Safely maneuver TCTD vehicles within the bus maintenance and parking areas.
- Clean bus storage barns and bus maintenance facility.
- Accurately inspect and record tire tread depth, inspect video surveillance equipment to ensure they are operational and report defects to the Transit Supervisor or Dispatcher I.
- Assist with maintaining landscaping.
- Other related tasks as assigned such as removing dust and cobwebs from TCTD facility buildings, washing interior and exterior windows of the facility, and removing litter from parking lots.
- Report all mechanical problems to the Transit Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Follow all safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to the first available supervisor.
- Report all incidents that result in injury or property damage, no matter how minor, to the Transit Supervisor or General Manager immediately.
- Fuel District buses and vans as needed.
- Comply with all TCTD policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with other employees and the general public to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to safely operate any transit bus or other District vehicle.
- Ability to work varying work schedules. The District operates service seven (7) days per week from early morning to late evening hours.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, between 50-90 lbs. occasionally, and 90 lbs. infrequently.
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb over and into vehicles or heavy equipment several times per day.
- Ability to frequently work at heights above 8 feet and occasionally work at heights above 20 feet.
- Ability to work in an environment involving exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License with necessary endorsements as prescribed by law.
- Must meet the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations physical qualifications for commercial drivers and ability to perform the physical functions of a driving position.
- Driving record that demonstrates adherence to safety in the operation of motor vehicles and adherence to traffic laws and regulations.
- Safety-sensitive function; Must submit to random DOT drug and alcohol testing in addition to pre-employment screening, Applicant must admit any positive drug or alcohol tests performed within the last two years. Subject to all TCTD drug and personnel policies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful experience working with the general public.
You must sign in to apply for this position.